Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I have had a minor nose bleed 12 hours now, This is the

Customer Question

I have had a minor nose bleed for about 12 hours now
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: This is the first time ever that have ever dealt with this I mean I have had nose bleeds but nothing that did not stop right away. You should know that thank to stupidity in my late 20s and early 30s my nose is not in the best shape but still never have dealt with this
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I do have high blood pressure and like i said in my youth I enjoyed parting to much, I also just stopped drinking three weeks ago and was a heavy drinker
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hello

Bleeding for 12 hours is not minor.

You might have a problem with coagulation due to drinking.

Blood pressure might be up.

There might be a platelet problem.

There might be a vessel in the nose that needs to be cauterized.

So, go to the ER, unless you have some way of going right to an ENT doctor or your doctors office immediately.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/