Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Have swelling in front of left ear, runs down jaw to neck,

Customer Question

Have swelling in front of left ear, runs down jaw to neck, sensitive to the touch
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: No to your questions, just started today, also just now noticed it
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Have to health issues
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 5 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

There are two possibilities swelling is wither swollen lymph node or either this swelling is Mumps infection .

It would be ideal for you to have examination of swelling so that appropriate treatment may be offered to you .

Please get check it now .

Good luck .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hello

You are describing an extensive swelling that starts in front of the ear and goes all the way to the neck.

This is not a lymph node or mumps. These are more contained swellings.

This sounds like a cellulitis, or worse a venous blockage.

That can be serious./

I suggest you go to the ER.

Glad to look at a picture here.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/