Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I had breast ductal carcinoma 16 years ago (invasive). now I

Customer Question

I had breast ductal carcinoma 16 years ago (invasive). now I have what my breast radiologist calls a sebaceous cyst in the place where my original tumor was. should this be biopsied?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I saw the breast radiologist where I was originally diagnosed. No meds. A mammography was done and this is what the radiologist said. sebaceous cyst.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. 66 years old with h/o grade 3 ductal carcinoma 1998
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 5 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ....

Breast sebaceous cyst contains kertain like material and this is protein deposited in breast tissue .

Biopsy can be done , and if possible better to have CT scan to define things clearly .

Regards .

Please leave positive feedback for me .

Thanks .

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hello

A sebaceous cyst is benign.

It has to be removed to cure it, or it will keep coming back.

It will be cent to the lab as all removed cysts are , and they will check it.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/