Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Have a burning sensation in the middle of my chest that woke

Customer Question

have a burning sensation in the middle of my chest that woke me up this morning at 0200 and have not been able to go back to sleep because of the burning and discomfort. Thinking it is acid reflux and have taken antacids twice and has yet to subside the burning and discomfort. Any ideas....
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Is Pain localized to middle of chest?

Shortness of breath?

Numbness in left arm?

Are you on any medications?

Do you suffer from anxiety or severe stress?

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

I am Doctor Thomas, a double board certified US doctor in internal medicine and integrative medicine, with advanced training in several other fields. I am a clinician of over 20 years experience. I will give you an initial answer or ask you a question, but be sure to use reply to expert to communicate with me as needed.

You need to go to the ER, regardless.

This is pain that did not stop.

It can be atypical heart pain, or both heart pain and reflux.

Don't wait.

Be safe.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here