Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I live in Pennsylvania but need medical marijuana now is

Customer Question

I live in Pennsylvania but need medical marijuana now is there a way to get a card online
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: a few and yes she said she was not a marijuana doctor I smiled
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i have a voice in my head i call it a spirit its the spirit of my mother it wont leave me alone that what the cannabis if for besides anxiety and depression
JA: How long have you been feeling this way? Have you reached out to anyone about this yet?
Customer: a few years now. and I'm involved with the fact team in beaver county
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

medical marijana law just passed in PA May 16 of this year.

"A patient with a qualifying condition and a doctor’s certification can apply to the Department of Health to enroll in the program. If the application is accepted, the department will issue the patient and/or his or her caregiver an identification card, which will allow them to access medical marijuana from a state-permitted dispensary."

the system is still very new.

"Identification cards will be able to be obtained with certification from a registered physician and a completed, approved application submitted to the Department of Health. The Department of Health will make it as easy as possible for patients to apply for medical marijuana identification cards. The department is reviewing how it can make applications available to patients on its website."

so the system is still very new.

contact your local health department and see how far along they are with new paperwork for the application process.

let me know if you have other questions.