Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.

I have a atal Hernia, Reflux, Angina, Coronary Artery

Customer Question

my name is***** and I have a Hiatal Hernia, Reflux, Angina, Coronary Artery Disease, and I have a Pacer Maker. My question is how do I tell if the chest pain is from a heart attach or one of the others. I hate to waste the ER time.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 4 months ago.

Most heart attacks involve discomfort in the center or left side of the chest and usually associated with shortness of breath.

Heart attacks can start slowly and cause only mild pain or discomfort.Some people don't have symptoms at all.

Having said this i would like to add that the symptoms can be confusing and the only way to confirm for sure that chest pain is from heart attack or gastric cause is by relevant investigations like

Trop-T test

I hope this helps