Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

Can gabapentin lower blood pressure, I've noticed

Customer Question

Can gabapentin lower blood pressure, I've noticed it's like a little lower than usual today I started it two days ago, it's 113 over 64 is that low
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, gabapentin can lower blood pressure. However, in the vast majority of people taking gabapentin, it does not lower blood pressure to a worrisome extent.

A blood pressure of 113/64 is below average, but it is not at a worrisome level unless it is associated with any lightheadedness or dizziness.

There is no need to do anything in response to a blood pressure of 113/64 without symptoms other than monitor the blood pressure and to be certain that you are drinking plenty of fluids.

If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.