Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Iam visiting BC extended stay and my Nephrologist instructed

Customer Question

Iam visiting BC for an extended stay and my Nephrologist instructed me to seek medical attention and monitor blood work in Vancouver. This was as a result of my GP copying a recent blood report to him. I am under the care of a specialist in Ontario who checks me out regularly. I am scheduled to leave for Ontario in mid September. How can I seek a consultation with a Nephrologist in mainland Vancouver. I am temporarily resident in Bowen Island, BC.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

through the canadian system, you still need your GP doctor to make a referral to a specialist in BC

your GP doctor has to find the nephrology specialist groups in BC and make contact and make a referral for you to see someone this fall in BC.

you can talk to your BP about The BC Renal Agency which plans and coordinates health-care services for patients with kidney disease in BC

they would be able to help you find a nephrologist in BC for you to see this fall when you are there.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using