Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

How many weeks need P24 and antibodies from exposed result?

Customer Question

how many weeks need for antigen P24 and antibodies from exposed for completed result?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Hello again,

Im assuming by completed result you mean 100% accuracy?. I have answered this question previously but ill write it down here again. The 4th generation test is almost 100% after 10 weeks, its accuracy is almost 99.8% which is essentially 100% in practical terms. If the test is negative after 10 weeks then you DONT have HIV. That means out of a 1000 cases tested for HIV it can miss 2 cases which is a very unlikely scenario.

Ideal testing time is 6-8 weeks. However if you are very concerned about HIV you can get the HIV RNA test which would confirm the findings and you can relax at that time.

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/