Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I have some minor skin irritation with one larger surface

Customer Question

I have some minor skin irritation with one larger surface irritated and small bumps aroun dit
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are the bumps painful?
Customer: I just noticed it
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: It starts at mid shaft and extends to the bottom. One swell about 3-5milimeters and then small bumps. Not filled with liquid more like raised skin red and irritated, itches no burning or pain
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am married, my wife is pregnant, neither of us has ever had issues before
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: No STDs
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your rash. Is it possible for you to post a picture here?, that will help in identifying what could be the matter here.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
absolutely. Please give me a minute. I'll do it right now. Also the only new change is I have used a new bodywash for the first time yesterday.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Getting you a photo now

Ok ill wait.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I sent it twice
sorry about that
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My wife put some vinigar on it and it immediately went down in swelling and it actually looks less irritated than it did a minute ago
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Just to note one more time we did have intercourse this morning and it started feeling irritated right after. We washed it and she put vinigar on it and now the swelling and irritation is down more. Hope this helps. Awaiting your response.

Thank you for the additional information and picture.

Well there are a couple of things which seem likely here, from the picture which you attached it seems like that the swelling and irritation has subsided quite a bit. Although vinegar is not recommended unless it is a yeast infection but it seems to have worked in your case. It looks like that you had an allergic reaction to something, it could be from the condom (if you used one) or any lubricating gel (if used). But it is more likely to be local irritation or an allergic reaction rather than anything else. Now if this is the case you can use OTc antihistamines if the swelling returns or a single dose of zyrtec or benadryl can be used even if it doesnt return.

If the rash does return then we will have to consider other issues such as an infection like yeast (which is usually rare in men). For right now i would say use the OTC antihistamines, monitor the location and see if it worsens or not. But from the looks of it it seems to be subsiding even more. It is likely that it was due to an irritant, that can a soap, bodywash as you said among many other things.

I think you will be fine as the irritation is almost not noticeable in the picture.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is actually feeling better already and it is itching less so I do feel relieved somewhat. I will keep an eye on it for the next few days just to be sure and not use anything other than mild soap and no intercourse just to give it enough time to heal properly.
Thank you so much for your help.

That is actually the best thing to do, wash it thoroughly though especially since you used vinegar. Use Antihistamines as needed. Best of luck!. if it worsens then have your doctor look at it for a yeast infection.