Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

MY FRIEND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH SEPSIS. HE'S HOME BUT S

Customer Question

MY FRIEND WAS DIAGNOSED WITH SEPSIS. HE'S HOME BUT HIS BLOOD PRESSURE IS PRETTY LOW 71/44 AND HE COMPLAINS HE FEELS "FUZZY" AND SICK, NOT MUCH URINE COMING OUT EITHER. SHOULD I GET HIM TO THE HOSPITAL ER? HE HAD A CATHERATER IN WHILE IN HOSP. AND HAS A STINT IN HIS BLADDER.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 year ago.

Im sorry to hear about your friend.

Your friend is in SEPTIC SHOCK and since his urine is not coming out it looks like he might be going into kidney failure as well. IMMEDIATELY take him to the ER, if possible call 911. THis SHOULD NOT be delayed at all. He needs immediate medical attention.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

The reason he feels fuzzy and sick is because not enough blood is reaching his brain. Similarly his kidneys are not getting enough blood and that is why he is not producing adequate amounts of urine. This is because of the low blood pressure. It is possible that the stent that was placed in the bladder has gotten infected and that is now causing him to go into shock, He NEEDS to go IMMEDIATELY to the ER and get IV fluids, IV antibiotics (broad spectrum antibiotics) like meropenem/imipenem alongwith IV medication to increase his blood pressure like IV norepinephrine.

Call 911, or take him to the ER yourself but do so IMMEDIATELY. Do not delay this.

Hello, i just wanted to know did you take your friend to the ER? Is his blood pressure any better now?