Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.

What causes this? Is it stress? I've never had anything like

Customer Question

What causes this? Is it stress? I've never had anything like this in my life before and I am 77. What kind of doctor shall I see.? I've seen three dermatologists. Is itneuropathy?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I had vicious chemoterapy (ovarian cancer) 27 years ago. Left me with various things, killed nerve in hands, feet, leg,etc. Have neurapathy as a result
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Have you noticed any swelling?
Customer: They are good during the day when I am busy, walking, etc. They become very warm and itch when I go to bed.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

You seem to describe symptoms of neuropathy.

You should see a neurologist who can work you up for any underlying cause of neuropathy like Vitamin B12 deficiency, diabetes, toxicity of certain elements etc...

He may also order an NCV study to further delineate the cause of neuropathy.

Treatment would be based on the underlying cause.

Meanwhile you may benefit by using a drug like pregabalin or gabapentin for symptomatic relief.

This is my initial answer.Please reply if you need any clarification.