Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have a strange dirt like taste in my mouth that comes and

Customer Question

I have a strange dirt like taste in my mouth that comes and goes. It started about a month or two ago. I quit smoking four months ago. Don't know if that is relevant.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: As I said dirt taste in mouth that appears a few times a day without provocation. I am not pregnant. No one in the house has symptoms. I'm 45, live with husband son, and elderly father lives with us. This started two
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: Apx one or two months ago. I noticed it for the first time while at happy hour with husband and eating breaded shrimp. Thought it was the shrimp until it came back a few days later. It happens every day as a passing taste. I used to find it quite nauseatng, but I'm getting used to it. It's not an oral hygiene issue either. I'm a freak about my teeth. I did have geographic tongue and could only use mental entry toothpaste until I quit smoking four months ago. Quitting smoking resolved that issue. I've always had one tonsil that is large enough to be quite visible when you look at the back of my throat. I thought something squirted out of it when I pushed on it about
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: A month ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 8 months ago.

Associated stuffy nose,phlegm at back of throat?

Heartburn?

Constant throat irritation and clearing?

Are you taking any medications?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.