Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

Have a pain that starts about pocket gh on inside of my

Customer Question

have a pain that starts about pocket high on inside of my thigh goes almost to knee feels like a knife cut
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Now there are several causes for this sort of pain. The first one which comes to mind is that it could be due to a simple muscle spasm or strain. this can be due to dehydration or even electrolyte imbalances. if this is the case then it can be corrected with the help of increased fluid intake and also use of electrolyte rich fluids. If that doesnt work, then OTC painkillers like motrin or aleve. If that doesnt work then prescription strength muscle relaxants can be used.

Another cause of this pain can be associated with nerve entrapment. this would cause sharp, stabbing sort of pain which can radiate down into the leg. It can sometimes also cause numbness, burning or tingling in this region. The diagnosis can be made with the help of a clinical examination and also with a EMG/NCS test. Once that is done you can be treated with medication like gabapentin or lyrica.

Yet another cause of this pain can be associated with the hip joint. Sometimes pain from the hip joint can radiate into this region of the thigh and it can be diagnosed with a xray of th hip or even a MRI. Treatment is with painkillers and steroid injections.

Now i woudl suggest that you try the increased fluids and OTC painkillers to counter the pain and if that doesnt help, see your doctor to get the EMG/NCS tests done as well as the xrays of the hip joint.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
your answer was fine but i bo not want to keep the service so i will not pay for it anymore

You can contact customer services for this purpose.