Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am requesting Dr. because he gave me a satisfactory answer

Customer Question

I am requesting Dr. Thomas because he gave me a satisfactory answer and I wish to follow up on it. If he's not available Cancel my line of questioning. Dr Thomas, You suggested Tagamet, well he's been told he has Gastritis, but he doesn't have ANY symptoms like acid reflux, I forgot to mention HE DOES HAVE A GALLSTONE. [ which in 2 occasions, TWO YEARS A PART, has caused him terrible bouts of pain,but then goes away for a year or so... ] At the time this happened we didn't know he had a gallstone The surgeon he met has stated he'd take the Gallstone out, but given the complexity of his symptoms decided to WAIT until after the Colonoscopy to be sure and rule out Colon Polyps or Cancer.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

This is Dr. David

there are stool DNA special tests such as Cologuard which detects colon cancer DNA and occult blood in the stool to give an idea if there is colon cancer.

it is not quite as accurate as colonoscopy, but still pretty good.

his gall stones which can be sporatic could be causing his abdominal pains.

gall stones can be hard to predict for and can be sporatic when they cause pain, usually in the upper right side of the abdomen.

an ultasound of the gall bladder can look for these stones.

if he does have stones, there are medications like ursodiol which over time can help dissolve gall stones.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com