Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My AST and ALT levels are about twice the normal level (118

Customer Question

my AST and ALT levels are about twice the normal level (118 and 110). I have recently been abusing clonazepam and xannx taking anywhere from 4-8 pills at once 1mg clonazepam and 2mg xannax bars mostly clonzepam… i am also on 87 mg of methadone… could this be the contributing factor, I know its not healthy but would like to get a MDs perspective
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 months ago.

Hi and thanks for the query.

Yes, the use of benzodiazepines in the doses you mention does contribute to elevation of liver function tests in that range. Elevated liver enzymes can also mean hepatitis and other liver diseases so getting this evaluated further is imperative.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Regards.