Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a similar question to one asked previously. It's 10pm

Customer Question

I have a similar question to one asked previously. It's 10pm almost. I just picked up my Medrol Dosepak 4 milligram tablets from the pharmacy, and it says it takes 6 tablets the first day and then taper down. Should I not even started tonight or should I take to before going to bed or four??
I was supposed to pick it up midday but couldn't go until after work....
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

It would depend upon the severity of the symptoms being treated with the Medrol dosepak. If the symptoms are more severe, then it would be better to take some medicine tonight, but if the symptoms are less severe, it would be OK to start the dosepak in the morning.

If you are having severe symptoms and you were given the 6-day dosepak, a common approach would be to take two pills tonight and then take six pills tomorrow, and continue through the remainder of the dosepak, except taking a single pill off each of the fourth and fifth day of the 6 day dosepak. So, day one will still be 6 pills, day two will be 5 pills, day three will be 4 pills, day four will be 2 pills, and day five and day six will be one pill each day.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

If you would like my assistance with any future questions, it can be directed to me through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/