Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I had a unprotected sex the other night and my partner

Customer Question

Hello, I had a unprotected sex the other night and my partner swears he is clean but I just wanted to see what the chances are that I contracted an STD. He used the pull out method as well
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Yes it is, and it is good.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

Your risk is low but not zero.

You should be HIV tested regardless.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here