Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I recently had a CT that showed a fatty liver and the head

Customer Question

I recently had a CT that showed a fatty liver and the head of my pancreas being larger than normal. The radiologist did not call it a mass or tumor but recommended an MRI to determine the cause. I feel bloated after meals and belch a lot but just dry belching. I have some stomach pain and a little pain in my lower left back. I have to use laxatives to empty out completely. If I don't use them i do not empty out completely and still feel bloated. I do not have any jaundice nor have i had any weight loss. Actually some gain when bloated but goes away. I have plenty of energy just the digestive issues. Any ideas what could be going on? I am very concerned after reading so much on the net related to pancreatic cancer.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

The radiologist is being cautious.

A ct would show a mass if you had cancer.

An MRI gives a somewhat better picture to make sure, in the case of the pancreas.

Just get the MRI, should be fine.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Very fast response.

Do you have more questions.

You can find me by request for fast, accurate and comprehensive answers.

Is there something you do not understand in the answer?

I will be glad to review the whole report. Type it in here or attach it.