Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine

Having a weird sensation in my jaw. Left side. No chest

Customer Question

Having a weird sensation in my jaw. Left side. No chest pain. No arm pain. No hx of high blood pressure, have high cholesterol which I take Lipitor for. Have a past history of 1 incident of atrial fibrillation. Never had it again after that. It was due to Too much caffeine and asthma medication. I dot take any other medication except Prevacid. Should I be concerned ??
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 4 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms.

Now while you dont seem to have any of classic symptoms associated with heart disease, you do have one risk factor for heart disease which is high cholesterol. Another thing which can be a factor here is that heart disease usually presents in atypical manner in women and doesnt cause the typical symptoms in many cases. Now if there is pressure in the jaw which is also radiating into the neck and there are associated palpitations or sweating or shortness of breath, then it would be wise to go to the doctors office and get an EKG done. If these additional symptoms are not present then i would advise you wait and watch. if the sensation gets better over the next couple of hours then you dont need to get an EKG done immediately however if the sensation doesnt improve or worsens or you develop any of the additional symptoms i have mentioned above then you would have to IMMEDIATELY get an EKG done and visit the ER.

Would you like to know anything else?

Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

Have your symptoms improved?