Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I had a cigarette with an friend yesterday and I have a

Customer Question

I had a cigarette with an friend yesterday and I have a cotinine test in 4 days for insurance. Will it show up in my blood or urine test?
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: I'm in great health and just had fabulous test results which is why I'm so upset with myself. I eat clean and exercise
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I don't even drink on a regular basis. I'm just wanting an accurate test of my regular habits and this was not it. Was not sure if I should postpone test?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your question

Depending on the sensitivity of the particular test it can take up to 2 weeks or more to have a negative cotinine test.

Unfortunately there is nothing that you can do to help pass the test.

The only thing that can beat the test is time.

If you try drinking lots of water and try to flush it out of your body, that would also result in a diluted urine and a dilute urine in itself is dealt the same way as a positive test result.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have.
I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end on the top right hand corner as that is the only way we, the experts, are credited on here for helping you out.
Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 9 months ago.

I would appreciate it if you rate me as that is the only way I am paid here by the website.

Kindest regards