Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My husband has had an affair. Gave me the HPV virus. 6

Customer Question

My husband has had an affair. Gave me the HPV virus. 6 Months returned to doctor for pap smear. No signs of the HPV virus. Thank You Jesus. I noticed last night while bathing, there is one of the little (skin tag-wart) in my private area as it was when I was diagnosed. As well as tingling feeling in same area. Can the HPV virus return or if that's what this is, does that mean he is still being intimate with this woman and exposing me again?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 6 months ago.

This is Dr. David

90% of adults with normal immune systems can clear the HPV virus out of their system in 1-2 years.

if you have noticed a new genital wart down there, this could be return of HPV possibly.

you need to see a gyn doctor who can examine the skin tag warts

warts tend to look like little cauliflowders under magnification view.

your husband's immune system may not be as good as yours and he may not have cleared out HPV virus out of his system as fast as you did.

if you do have HPV, it doesn't necessarily mean he is being intimate with someone else

but you should see a gyn doctor again and get a new pap and gyn exam to check that skin tag wart to be sure.

there are no real good HPV test for men like the pap smear for women.

let me know if you have other questions.