Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I feel weak and sleepy and have a mild headache. My BP is

Customer Question

I feel weak and sleepy and have a mild headache. My BP is around 115/75 with a pulse of 48. I have not eaten since midnight last. Fasting for labs. Is this a sign of diabetes. i am 66 years old in good shape except for being overweoght. I am 6 feet tall and weigh 225.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? Any nausea along with the headache?
Customer: I usually never gwt headaches and thete is nausea.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I have an aortic aneurism measured yesterday at 4.6 cm. It has been holding steady at this size for three or more years.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Hi this is Dr Stan here to help you today. It sounds like low blood sugar, not diabetes. Have you been diagnosed with diabetes? When are you going to have the labs drawn and where? You may want to eat something now, orange juice, toast with jelly and cancel the lab draw for now. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have and a positive rating is always appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hello

This can be a sign of many different problems.

This is a different expert by the way and I am board certified in your area.

This can be a sign of pre diabetes, when blood sugar does not control well and

will fluctuate to extremes.

What other questions do you have?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

If this is due to a prolonged fast, then the way you feel is most likely appropriate. I hope you rescheduled your lab appointment and discuss your experience with your doctor.