Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

Can I take one extra strength Tylenol with a Tylenol 3? If

Customer Question

Can I take one extra strength Tylenol with a Tylenol 3? If yes how much acetaminophen is in Tylenol 3? I want to stay under the max daily dose of acetaminophen of 4000gm/day.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Just Crestor and Losartan. Low doses. This is for tooth/jaw pain. I had two implants and they said acetaminophen is enough. I had some Tylenol 3 left over from a sinus lift so I thought I d use that.
JA: Sorry to hear you're having tooth pain - that's hard. Fortunately, the dentist I'm going to connect you to can help you discover your treatment options ASAP.
Customer: Great. Thanx
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the dentist should know?
Customer: Oh, yeah. I taking an antibiotic for the treatment. The losartan and crestor are prophylactic because of a family history of heart disease.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

tylenol with codeine also called Tylenol #3 has 300mg of acetaminophen and 30mg of codeine

one extra strengthen tylenol is 500mg of acetaminophen.

depending on your age, you may want to stay lower than the 4000mg 24 hour limit of acetamenophen.

it may be better to stay below 3000-3500mg in a 24 hour period just to be on the safe side.

but yes, most likely you can take an extra strenght Tylenol along with a Tylenol #3.

that together would be 800mg of acetamenophen.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

do you have any other questions?