Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I am a48 year old male that has been told that he has

Customer Question

i am a48 year old male that has been told that he has ulcerative colitis but after being
on predisone for 6 months it left me with a lot of issues the worst one is the acid so bad in my stomach that i cannot eat very much with out pain and that awful feeling of throwing up
when they to;d me what i had in the ma general they were very uncaring so i went yo the Lahey clinic in burlington and in peabody they took me off the drug from hell predisone
they want put me on an other drug My point is why wont they address my stomach first i am down to 100 pounds and starving to death i want to give up the pain and the acid to bad for me to handle any more
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 4 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question and I am sorry to hear about your issues .

Prednisolone can have negative effect over stomach it ulcerates , damages stomach badly .

It would be ideal for you to overcome this issue with IV Injections of Proton pump inhinitors like Omerpazole or Esomeprazole .

Upper GI Endoscopy should be done to see your stomach .

So ask your treating Physicians to put you on IV PPI which will reduce stomach acid production .

Regards ***** ***** well soon .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .