Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)

I've had a colostemy bag since June 27th of last year. My

Customer Question

I've had a colostemy bag since June 27th of last year. My local general surgeon informed me that I needed to have my blood pressure lowered before he could operate. I have AFib and my cardiologist has me on several meds to help control bp. MY BP is erratic and never the same any two days in a row. I'm now 4 months over the proposed surgery date. I need this device removed and my insides need to be returned to normal. My stress and depression level is rising at a rate I'm not happy with. I'm 70 years old and I think the window of successful surgery is getting smaller by the year. Can someone help me with this problem.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 4 months ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

Please tell me what readings of blood pressure do you have mostly ?

Have you had your Echo-cardiogram to check heart function ?

Regards .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
mostly, 120-132 over 79-90 with a heart rate of 90-110. my heart doctor didn't seem alarmed at my last echo-card.
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for info ...

You have reseaonably a good blood pressure control and heart range of 90-110 is not issue , this can easily be lowered down with beta blockers prior to surgery .

If you have normal echocardiogram with this blood pressure than ideally you should proceed with surgery , delay in surgery is not understood .

Good luck .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .

Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 4 months ago.

Are you there ...