Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I am nervous today and my blood pressure was 135/83. After

Customer Question

I am nervous today and my blood pressure was 135/83. After relaxing for 5 minutes went to 125/81
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love and I will be glad to assist you.

While these readings are above an average blood pressure of 120/80, they are not at a level that is a problem. The level of blood pressure at which we consider treatment would be a blood pressure over 140/90. It is reasonable to be following healthy habits, such as eating a healthy diet and getting regular aerobic exercise, but there is no need for interventions beyond such lifestyle habits.

Certainly, if the nervousness or anxiety is causing symptoms that is bothersome, it would be reasonable to consider treatment for the nervousness/anxiety, but there is no reason to treat it because of the blood pressure.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.