Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

Spouse took etg urine test at 5pm today. Has not had a drink

Customer Question

Spouse took etg urine test for alcohol at 5pm today. Has not had a drink but did take NyQuil (sick and congested and cough) over weekend for cough. Also read hand sanitizer and deodorants can cause issue. Should we be worried?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: Probation is for breathalyzer in car but passes every time. NOT drinking
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Healthy male. 55. Takes vitamins NO frugs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for this question

Yes, nyquil, hand sanitizer and anything with alcohol can cause a positive ETG test

I would be worried for sure

let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave a positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/Thanks for using justanswer.com