Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I am taking metaformin now. My question is should i switch

Customer Question

I am taking metaformin now. My question is should i switch to DBX -13
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 6 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your diabetes. However you SHOULD NOT switch from metformin to DBX-13.DBX-13 has been touted as a miracle cure for diabetes however there is NO EVIDENCE that it works in eliminating diabetes. There are no scientific studies, no trials, no case control studies to show its efficacy.

The studies quoted by them have no basis in facts, this is not something that you should try.

I would STRONGLY recommend that you DO NOT stop using metformin and switch to DBX-13. Stopping metformin can lead to harmful effects

Do you have any more questions?

If you are satisfied, Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars below, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating.

Do you have any more questions?