Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

Can I stop suboxone cold turkey and begin taking nucynta at

Customer Question

Can I stop suboxone cold turkey and begin taking nucynta at same time to prevent withdrawals from suboxone
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: I haven't quit yet, I simply want to make sure the move to nucynta is workable
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: My dr. told me to stop suboxone completely and begin taking nucynta
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: No. I just want to know if the change to nucynta will prevent withdrawal
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

Yes except that I would want to see a patient off of the suboxone for at least 24 hours.

Using these together can precipitate side effects and withdrawal symptoms as well.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Otherwise, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here