Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.

I'm June. My nose runs every time I become active. It's

Customer Question

Hello. I'm June. My nose runs every time I become active. It's clear and thin, kinda like water. I've had this problem for years and NOTHING helps it. I've tried almost every kind of otc allergy pill you can name. What causes this and HOW CAN I MAKE IT STOP?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Are you having any breathing problems?
Customer: Never any breathing problems and 30 + years.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Have you tried any nasal sprays for this?

Have you had any evaluation thus far?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I paid the $34.00. Will you please give me my answer now. I don't want a subscription to your service beyond this.

The system will automatically ask whether you want a subscription or additional services, but it is fine to simply continue discussion in this forum.

However, to give you a complete answer, it will help if you could provide the additional information that I requested.

I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.

The symptom is typically due to inflammation of the nose, or rhinitis, but there are several possible causes of rhinitis. It is possible to have exercise-induced allergic rhinitis, but there frequently are other symptoms of allergies present. There also are several types of non-allergic inflammation that can be worse from increased activity.

There are some interventions that can help both allergic and non-allergic rhinitis, particularly steroid nasal sprays or Atrovent NS. There are several different steroid nasal sprays on the market, including a couple that are available over the counter, such as Nasacort. There also are some interventions that are specific for allergies, such as allergy desensitization shots. So, if there has not yet been an evaluation by an Allergist, that would be a reasonable step.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.