Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

I'm having like a sticking feeling in my anus and light

Customer Question

I'm having like a sticking feeling in my anus and light cramps. No blood in my stools. I'm 49 and had a colonoscopy done 15 years ago that was clean with no polyps found. I had surgery for an anal fissure about 7 years ago. Is it possible I could have rectal cancer?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 4 months ago.

It sounds more probable that the sharp anal pain may be another fissure as a possible cause.... A hemorrhoid may be behind the new pain... No blood in stool on sight is good but testing for occult blood that you don't see should be done too..

I think the problem deserves to be checked ...

I do not think that it is likely at all that it is a presentation of any cancer -- no to that ... Colonoscopy 15 years ago is not too relevant this far in time though ...

So I would recommend that you consult your doctor or gastroenterologist or general surgeon to help evaluate the reason for current symptoms...

Try not to be in fear of cancer as that is not likely culprit ( base would be covered in your probable testing going forward from here too however )

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards

Anthony Bray MD