Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I have had rectal bleeding black stool black blood clot

Customer Question

I have had rectal bleeding black stool black blood clot normal bowel movement and bright red blood. I have a history of chrons bid and chronic pancreantitis. I am also a chronic pain patient. My pain mess have been loweredcand i am not constipated. I haven't felt well for days. This went on forc3 1/2 hours and I hurt so mad so suck indent to the Er. The Dr did find blood in an occult blood card test my x-ray should my gut is full of feces but not constipated. He let me lay for 4 hours with no treatment. When I cried and told him how miserable I was he he yelled at me. Wanted me to break my contract with my Dr is he didn't have to provide medicine. I was discharged. I'm miserable still bleeding in pain abdominal us swollen. What do i do?????
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

How long you had black stool & black clot?

Are you having fresh red colored rectal bleeding now?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

The symptoms you have described of black stool & black clot in your bowel movement is medically called as malena.The dark brown/black, tarry stool is called malena.A black stool usually means that the blood is coming from the upper part of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.

This suggests that you are having gastric ulcers or gastritis and /or GERD(gastro esophageal reflux disease). The gastric juice(acid) gets mixed the blood from bleeding gastric ulcer resulting in black color.

Stomach acids + leaking red blood/bleeding=Black color of stool

You need colonoscopy,endoscopy,gastroscopy or EGD,stool examination & culture,x-rays of abdomen may be required.The treatment is given only after confirmation of diagnosis of the exact cause.

So I advice you to consult a gastroenterologist doctor to have these tests done so as to confirm the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.

Dear customer

The red colored bleeding & the black stool have different causes & hence the treatment is different.

Upper endoscopy is the best test to diagnose & confirm your diagnosis.

Till you get appointment with your doctor,Take Pepto-Bismol 2tsf thrice a day after meals.Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day.Both these are available as over the counter (OTC)without a prescription & will help you greatly.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh