Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I have a question about a choroidal lesion. It meets most of

Customer Question

I have a question about a choroidal lesion. It meets most of the criteria for a nevus: brown, round, small diameter; however its depth is 2.5 cm and there is some fluid. The doctor said it was in a "grey area" of labeling it. I could do a watch and wait or a radiation disc (I think it was called) that would be in for 5 days. Because I don't have a watch and wait personality, I opted for the disc. He said he expects a 98% success rate. I am so scared I can't sleep at night. Any thoughts?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

I am a retina specialist.

2.5 ( I'm sure it was mm) is pretty thick...

Do you have any pictures, or your A scan data?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I meant mm

If you have seen a retina specialist who does radioactive plaque placement and she recommends treatment then, by all means, that is what you should do.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS