Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.

When I lift my left arm I have a vertical line (3-4inch) on

Customer Question

When I lift my left arm I have a vertical line (3-4inch) long on my breast - I thought it was an indentation from a sports bra but 5 days later it's still there but not as prominent?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for your question.

Do you have any other symp***** *****ke pain or tenderness in the area?

Do you remember injuring the area or doing any heavy lifting etc...?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No pain, no tenderness, no redness and no evident lump? I do exercises frequently as I am a PT but no obvious injury through exercises. It does feel like a solid line through it?
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

Breast tissue contains fibrous tissue which can appear as a cord at times.It seems that the line you have is one such cord.Breast tissue keeps changing and breast may feel different at different times.Lot of changes occur under influence of changing levels of hormones but at times the changes cannot be explained.

You should just observe the cord for time being.If is is getting less prominent it should just go away.

If it persists it you should have a doctor examine it.

Please read the link to know more about these changes in breast.

This is my initial answer.Please reply if you need a clarification.If done do take a moment to to rate my answer.You can always come back if you forgot something.