Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I was somewhat hardly rear-ended yesterday morning and felt

Customer Question

I was somewhat hardly rear-ended yesterday morning and felt fine at the moment so didn't seek immediate medical attention. However, today I developed an earache along wit some dizziness. I left work and went to an urgent care clinic and the doctor said I was most likely not concussed and just had left otitis media. With elevated blood pressure and tachycardia that he attributed to my anxiety over the situation, he did an EKG, found normal results apparently, and he prescribed me antiobiotics after looking in my ear, but said to go to the ER if symptoms worsened. Should I drop the $200 and go to the ER anyway? Now I feel like the pain is mostly gone without having even taken any antiobiotics yet, but am scared it could be something more than he diagnosed. Is that weird that the pain and dizziness subsided so quickly at least for now? Just wondering. Not completely trusting of this urgent care clinic
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 6 months ago.

Do you have any other medical issues?