Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am trying to get off cymbalta and am so mean I am thinking

Customer Question

I am trying to get off cymbalta and am so mean I am thinking of going back to Prozac. I really prefer getting off everything. I have had four very serious backmsepurgeries and have titanium rods , thirty six three inch screws in my back and walk stopped over. I am trying to save my kidneys and liver from all medications. Help please. I have horrible anxiety and am mean without something but my husband can't take much more.
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: I am 69 , take thyroid and celebrex. Am taking cannibus oil rectally for back pain . Have horrible sweating and anxiety issues and think of suicide only because I am hurting my husband so badly. I think the cannibus oil has really helped the pain but not to good on the anxiety. if I take it orally it gives me a high I don't want. Only take a drop size of rice grain two three times a day. Sleeping much better. I literally can not stand the sweating though every since Had back surgeries. Had my thyroid checked and is low is why I am on medication. My goal is to take only thyroid, cannibus oil and celebrex for arthritis. I have spiral scoliosis, arthritis and osteoporosis. I took Prozac for years but dr. Switched me to cymbalta thinking it would help back pain which it does but I know it is bad for liver and or kidneys. I hate the crazy dreams, lack of sleep and the mind altering side effects. Not sure any of it is worth it anymore. But my husband deserves better. My mother, grandmother were all crazy with anxiety. I do not think I have depression only when I don't want to live over all this. My Drs. Say I am the bionic woman and do not let much slow me down. After horrendous surgeries, broken. Back, broken titanium rods I still get up and go everyday, love to travel and almost have my life back atfter traumatic surgeries. I only have four natural discs left. My back and neck look like an erector set. Please help me.
JA: When you start doubting if you are seeing the world in the same way as everyone else it's time to talk to out Expert - or go live on a desert island. OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 6 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

How long have you been on cymbalta? What dose are you taking?

How old are you?

M/F?

What have your lab tests showed about the health of your liver and kidneys?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.