Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

I would like to know what kind of blood work should I do to

Customer Question

I would like to know what kind of blood work should I do to measure my testosterone levels.
I'm looking for prices in laboratories (NY), but they keep asking me about "what kind of test" I wanna do, so I guess there are more than one option.
I've made a quick research and found these names, but I don't know which one would be the right to ask.SHBG
FSH, LH
Estrogens
DHEAS
Prolactin
17-Hydroxyprogesterone
Androstenedione
Category: Medical
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 6 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Salama MD,

The initial testing needs be a total testosterone level checked between 8-11am. Only if it is low (<200) would you need confirmatory testing with other blood tests.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello Dr. Salama,And is there any special name that I should ask them about the price?
Because I try a few labs asking about "testosterone level" and they keep asking me the name. One of them, asked me about "testosterone solo our hole panel".

The testosterone solo is the total testosterone and will definitely be cheaper than the panel. If it comes back normal you will need any further testing. If it is low, then order the panel afterwards.

Is there anything else I can help you with?