Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I can feel repetitive blood flow in my left groin area where

Customer Question

I can feel repetitive blood flow in my left groin area where leg meets pelvis, about an inch from scrotum. Not painful, no discoloration or swelling. It's new and has been going on for a few days.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of. 53yrs old, very active (hockey, golf, skiing, etc.). 195lbs, do have hypertension for past 30yrs - losartan & diltiazen (sp?). Don't smoke but do enjoy red wine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.

Hello

It sounds like you are feeling a pulse.

The femoral artery is there.

What do you mean by 'repetitive' blood flow?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it's not constant - it stops for 10~20 seconds, then I can feel the blood rush thru for 1-2 seconds. if I move around I don't feel it for a while

No way to say.

It can be normal.

You need your doctor to examine this and make sure it is not what we call a bruit....a sign of a narrowed artery.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'll check this later for your response. I can certainly call my doctor - didn't know this wasn't free but followed thru out of curiosity. The pulse in my leg may be nothing, but it's just strange enough I thought I'd look into it. Blood clot or something? I don't know but I've been trying to be proactive since I've recently been diagnosed with ocular migraines (some debate that it may have been vertigo or manures).
The pulse is so noticeable that I sometimes think my cell phone is getting a message.

Blood clot would usually cause swelling and pain.

Narrowed artery is more likely , if anything.

please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/