Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Intensivist
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM.Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

Can medicine and heat 93 or gher make you feel bad. I have

Customer Question

Can medicine and heat 93 or higher make you feel bad. I have to go with inmates outside for rec. I dnt mind but when its extremely hot i get sick nasua what can i do
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 6 months ago.

Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. From what you are describing it sounds like that you are suffering from heat exhaustion. This is a condition in which exposure to hot weather will cause you to experience symptoms like dehydration, weakness, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, loss of consciousness in severe cases, sweating, muscle aches etc.

This can be easily rectified by wearing wide brim hats when you go out in the sun, Keep WELL HYDRATED - drink as much water as you can, apply sunscreen to exposed regions of the body. Also drink as much electrolyte rich fluid as you can such as gatorade etc.

if however you do lose consciousness or are unable to pass urine, then you could have a more severe form of heat related illness and would have to go to the ER. or if you have a high grade fever of 102 F or higher, all these signs could indicate a heat stroke and you would need to go to the ER in such a case.

Do you have any more questions?

If you are satisfied, Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars below, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating.

Would you like to know anything else? Any other questions regarding heat exhaustion? You mentioned medicine in your original query, what medicine are you currently on?

If done for now, Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars below, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating.