Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I work airlines as a flight attendant. I was out last 7

Customer Question

I work for the airlines as a flight attendant. I was out last 7 calendar days with off and on migraine. Feeling better as of a day or so ago. But my employer is requiring a doctors note. Obviously going to doctor now with no illness, what are my chances of getting such note?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 4 months ago.

If you already have a doctor that has been treating the migraines, then you can probably get a note.

IF not, then no doctor is going to right a work excuse.

However, a new doctor can take your history and discuss the reality of the diagnosis, and that you reported having these headaches, but will not be able to verify them.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here