Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

My daughter has had a fever on and off since Dec. She was on

Customer Question

My daughter has had a fever on and off since Dec. She was on an antiobiotic three times and always seemed to get better right away. When it came back again in April they decided to do blood work. She has had every test imaginable. Only thing they haven't checked is her sinuses. She has a dry cough and had chest pains with the fever. In between she was training for a 10 mi. run. Could a sinus infection lay dormant and wreak havoc with her system? Is it worth a nasal culture or throat culture? They haven't done that? they noticed a little periocardial effusion when they did a CT scan.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

yes, a chronic sinus infection or chronic sinusitis inflammation of the sinuses can cause low grade fevers repeatedly several times

how high are her fevers?

autoimmune conditions can cause repeated fevers as well.

if she has sinus symptoms, runny nose, sinus congestion, she should see an ENT doctor

and get a sinoscopy scope procedure

and a sinus CT scan

and she should get blood testing for ANA, ESR, C reactive protein as a screening test to look for autoimmune disorders causing repeated fevers

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using