Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc

I accidentally took my blood pressure medicine and Thyroid

Customer Question

I accidentally took my blood pressure medicine and Thyroid medicine twice today (three hours apart). What shoul I do?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: The blood pressure melds is Lotensin
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No. Those are only prescriptions I take and I am in good health. I am 82 yrs old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 5 months ago.

One extra dose on a steady regimen is not going to be a problem for thyroid medicine.

And probably not for the BP med.

Simply take your BP every hour for the next 4 hours.

As long as it does not drop very low and you don't have symptoms, not likely a problem.

Go to the ER if any symptoms...doubt that will happen.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here