Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Several months ago I vomited upon waking up one morning, I'd

Customer Question

Several months ago I vomited upon waking up one morning, I'd experienced constant nausea and dizziness for an entire week thereafter; I saw a D.O. and was misdiagnosed with vestibular neuritis. The constant nausea eventually subsided but the dizziness and lightheaded feeling never went away; I was referred to an ENT and had an MRI scan of my head with no issues and all lab work has came back ok. In 10 weeks, I'd been to the ER a total of 5 times as the bouts of dizziness would intensify to the point I'd feel like I was going to pass out; I've found that I get very short term relief through belching for whatever reason. I've also seen a cardiologist and had all necessary tests performed. Caffeine and nicotine (from vaping) would exacerbate my problem but taking nexium did help alleviate the constant "off balance" feeling I've been experiencing from the beginning; while the nexium helped with the dizziness I'd get excruciating headaches in exchange. Six weeks ago or about the halfway point when this all started, I began to get severe bloating to the extent that I looked like a pregnant woman; three weeks ago I was feeling so sick and desperate I decided to take some 500mg Flagyl that wasn't prescribed to me and got immediate relief within 20 minutes of taking the first pill. While I'm about 40% better off now than I was, the dizziness is still prevalent with movement/physical activity. I'm in the process of seeing a gastroenterologist; I've had a rad nuclear medicine ge scan, rad ct abdomen/pelvis scan, and have a follow-up with the doctor in a week. I'm beyond frustrated and very skeptical as the gastro advised me that he didn't understand the science behind any intestinal ailments having association with my symptoms; I've also seen a total of 8 or 9 different doctors with no accurate or definitive diagnosis. Thanks in advance for your help!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.

Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I am Dr. SH and will be helping you out with your concerns today.

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 6 months ago.

Do you have any other medical problems?

Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?

Please let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No sir, no medical problems or medications
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do have chronic neck, back, and arm pain from an auto accident 11 years ago but no medical problems/medications otherwise.
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 6 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya experienced Physician attending you

Yes, this could be Gastro related, but dizziness can be related to some other problem, mostly related to ear

How ever, severe gas like feeling and relief of symptoms on metrogyl says you are dealing with gastro issue.

You may need a colonscopy as well as upper GI Endoscopy that can help in diagnosis

I can also call you and discuss about the possible diagnosis and treatment.

If interested, please accept the phone call offer that I initiated so that we can proceed with the discussion.

Nausea, vomiting, bulging of stomach due to gas, all are related to Gastro problems, it can be intestinal problems or may be related to stomach, can be due to polyps or related intestinal absorption.

For anything, you need to get a colonoscopy and upper GI Endoscpy done. During both procedures, doctor can perform a biopsy if needed, that helps to know the exact cause.

Hope this helps

Request to leave a positive rating at the top right corner of the page, so that I'm compensated for the answer.

Any questions can be asked after the rating.

Best Regards

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 6 months ago.

Hello

One problem that would explain all of your symptoms would be migraine, with abdominal migraine.

This happens but is rare.

Dizziness is an odd expression of migraine.

It is rare, but the vestibular migraine can be independent of headache.

And can give abdominal symptoms.

The GI doctor needs to scope you and rule out gastritis.

In fact, some people with gastritis can have associated headache symptoms, and I have seen the association with migraine.

And infact, migraine can be of gastric origin.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7641777

I am Dr. thomas, double board certified US doctor.

please click a positive rating on my post [we are only paid per rating on our own posts].

Also, save time, get fast, correct and up to date , comprehensive answers.

Find me in medical by request. I am here daily.