Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have a pain under my solar plexus. its been about 2 days

Customer Question

I have a pain under my solar plexus. its been about 2 days and has followed a severe sinus infection. The infection caused a fever for 3 days and congestion and headache. I was on antibiotics for 5 days. Almost all my other symptoms are not there except for my pain its kind a burning sensation with a pokey feeling.
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? Any nausea along with the headache?
Customer: epispodic.. a littile nausea
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: for the past 2 years off and on I have had a pain under my left back jaw dull pokey feeling. feels inflamed in the inside not from the outside..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 7 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

There are many possible causes of upper abdominal pain. A common cause of pain in the upper abdomen would be an acid irritation syndrome, such as a gastritis. This can occur as a primary problem, but also can occur related to the stress of a acute illness.

It is also common to get abdominal pain from a viral infection of the gut, and this is frequently associated with nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea.

Other possible causes of upper abdominal pain are less likely, such as gallbladder disease or pancreatitis.

Chronic jaw pain can be due to inflammation of the joint of the jaw or from allergies. If there are allergies, it ca also contribute to the development of a sinus infection.

At this point, it would be reasonable to first try a medicine to suppress stomach acid, such as ranitidine or omeprazole.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

If you would like my assistance with any future questions, the question can be directed to me through my profile at www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-DrDLove/