Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.

I took 2 tylenol at 4:30 pain in my neck. Can I take a

Customer Question

I took 2 tylenol for arthritis at 4:30 for severe pain in my neck. Can I take a tylenol 3 at this time now 6:10p.m.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.

This is Dr. David

most likely yes.

how strong were the tylenol for arthritis at 4:30pm you took? where they extra strength at 500mg each?

if your liver is normal, you have to limit yourself to less than 4000mg of tylenol in a 24 hour period, some doctors say to be on the safe side, stay less than 3000mg.

but two extra strength tylenol is only 1000mg, so you are fine to take another tylenol with codeine. these can constipate you

make sure you take the tylenol 3 with food in your stomach and you might have to use a laxative if you get constipated and don't have a bowel movement

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

do you have other questions?