Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

My 55 pound husky ate (1) 200mg aleve should she be ok?

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

This is a veterinary EMERGENCY.

Contact the veterinarian on-call and/or the pet poision crisis line right now for advice on treatment you might be able to start right now as you get your dog packed up to see the on-call vet immediately.

naproxen is very poisonous to dogs. That one 200mg tablet of aleve can cause very serious symptoms, including death -- even in a large dog

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS