Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

My daughter just received lab results back showing gh

Customer Question

my daughter just received lab results back showing high neutrophil and low lymphocyte. she is only 1.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: all other areas of her blood work were within normal ranges. neutrophil was 53% and lymphocyte was 36%
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: i'm just trying to understand what the numbers mean or could mean. her health has been relatively good. gaining weight and growing well. she has had a bit of a nasal congestion and runny nose which i attributed to either allergies or teeth...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i don't think so... unless her pediatrician's concern about some cranial asymmetry could somehow be related. (she has a flatter spot on the back of her head.) and when she cried after her shots, he also noticed that one side of her lower lip pulled more than the other
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

Does your daughter have any symptoms like fever, coughing, sore throat, runny nose etc?

Please let me know.