Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO

I have a constant pinpoint pain on the left center side of

Customer Question

I have a constant pinpoint pain on the left center side of my chest. I also feel alot of pressure in my chest overall. My arms, particularly my left arm tends to hurt off and on or feel numb with pain in my hands. This pain is now into week 3. I had the left side of my thyroid removed one year ago because of a large nodule and have just recently (1 week ago) been put on a very low dosage of NatureThroid.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I had an EKG a week ago (when I was put on the NatureThroid) and everything was told everything looked ok, maybe slightly elevated heart rate. They recommended I go in for a heart x-ray. Does this sound like a heart issue or something else?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Hi this is Dr Stan here to help you today. These symptoms could be related to your heart even though you had a "normal" electrocardiogram. You will need further cardiac testing including a stress test and echocardiogram at the least. There may be other reasons for your symptoms, but heart related problems could be deadly. Schedule an appointment today to have the additional tests performed. Should you have another episode of chest tightness/pain call 911 or go to the closest hospital emergency department. I hope this is helpful. I am activating the rating page and a positive rating is always appreciated.