Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

I already had a ultrasound on my right side, hard a CT scan,

Customer Question

I already had a ultrasound on my right side, hard a CT scan, had a endoscopy,and colonoscopy, in which they found ou5 I have berets espogal syndrome and gallstone,but couldn't identify any thing as well as a chest e x-ray. I been very tired and having a lot of pain that comes and goes. What could this be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 4 months ago.
Hello!You were diagnosed with Barrett's esophagus? That is a chronic inflammatory condition of the lower esophagus. That would cause pain for you if this is the case would need to be monitored periodically by a gastroenterologist... ( that condition may increase risk to develop esophageal cancer...) You should be on REFLUX PRECAUTIONS ---1) wait 1.5 hour after you eat before you lie down...2) elevate head of bed on blocks under headside bedposts 4 to 6 inches 3) avoid GI irritants including alcoholic drinks/ coffee/ hit spicy or acidic foods ( tomato products , onions,peppers,citrus fruits) avoid anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspurin,Aleve,Advil (TYLENOL ok ) Strong medicine regimen to reducecstomach acid such as Protonix twice a day ...Follow up with gastroenterologist....I hope that this information is helpful for youLet me know if you have further questions or concernsI will be happy to get back with youIf my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedbackThank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD
PS --- Gallstones may cause abdominal pain too... Right side and may radiate to back... Typical may follow meal especially if fat content ..pain may usually be severe for 30 minutes to 4 hours then ease ...Treatment to remove gallbladder by surgery is usual course of treatment for that problem..I hope that this is helpful for youBest regards!Anthony Bray MD